Monday, June 9, 2008

My Medical Mission Trip (to Nordstroms)


Sweet Caroline resting before the shopping trip...

holding the paci while snoozing in the car...
we wore her out shopping...

Finally, a melt down at Dylan's Candy Bar...
Time to go back to the Women's Lounge!
So I know all of these people who are going on medical mission trips. I always feel kind of lame when these people tell me where they are going & how they are helping save the world (I'm not making fun...I really do feel lame) So, let me explain how my medical mission trip came about. Last weekend, I flew to Houston to visit my friend Leslie that had a sweet baby Caroline a few weeks ago. We were so excited b/c at the last minute Lauren decided to drive down from McKinney to play with us also. We had a great time hanging out but we also were trying to help Leslie & Chris at this stressful (good stressful) time. So we cooked for them, took Pacey (the dog) to the groomers, gave Caroline Jane her first real bathtub bath and we went to the Galleria. I did the infamous Anastatia eyebrow clinic (that story will be another post). We hung out in the wonderful women's lounge while baby-mama fed her baby --utilizing the hooter hider with utmost skill! We ate at Cheesecake Factory, but forgot to eat cheesecake, but had the best guacamole I have ever had!

Oh, back to how this is a medical mission trip. So, I flew back to Little Rock & was walking down the terminal & saw about 10 people I know waiting to get on a flight to go somewhere (maybe Honduras) to save lives on a MMT. Well, my logic in my brain makes me think that I too was on a medical mission ensuring that Leslie would not have any postpartum blues....which necessitated a trip to Nordstroms...I think it was the best medicine the three of us have had in a long time.




post signature

0 comments: