Friday, June 10, 2011

A visitor from around the world...

One of my childhood besties (that makes us sound old to say "childhood", but that is the truth, we have been friends since 8th grade....then college roomies...) Rachel drove up with her momma & my momma from Louisiana to visit for a Sunday afternoon. You may wonder...how is that a visitor from around the world....well she had flown in from Amsterdam, which is where she currently lives.


*************************
Even though her "address" is Amsterdam, her postman doesn't recognize this very well....the picture above is the boys hand delivering our Christmas card to her. I had mailed it in December and it randomly was "returned to sender" about three days before she came to visit!






After the boys warmed up to our special guests, Cooper busted out some redneck stuff to remind Rachel of her roots. He actually won this shotgun at a church benefit. You might be a redneck if...






Camille just loved Rae and Miss Tess; we enjoyed just sitting on the front and back porches watching the kids run around. The weather was gorgeous and I treated them to a lunch of an Arkansas original....bunko buns.










Rae treated me to some cute kitchen towels with windmills on them and the most unbelievable cookies and Amsterdam's heavenly version of peanut butter. I am aware that there are drugs that are legal in that country, but I'm not sure those treats should be on the open market....I would eat my weight in them if I had access to them. And what in the heck is Brady doing in the background of this picture???




*********************************
Check out Rachel's Blog on my friend list Freeze Frame & you can live vicariously through her travels!


post signature

0 comments: