So as everyone knows today was Inauguration Day for the new president. I will preface this post by saying that I am going to vent a bit & hopefully it will be out of my system & then I can move on to this new era with a better attitude. That was even what one of the main messages was at our church last Sunday so I will try to be nice about this Obamination that is occuring.
Well, today was also one of our nurses (Amber) Bday so we decided to get her a cake to celebrate the big day! We purposely had it made half chocolate & half vanilla & had it decorated tacky. We just knew how excited (complete sarcasm intended) that she was to share her bday with ol' Barack himself!
When Celeste went to pick up the cake at WalMart, the bakery cashier said, "OOOOH, Have y'all gotten to see what Michelle Osama has been wearing at that inaugration today?" I guess she was the same lady that misspelled Inauguration on the cake & mispronounced the new first lady's name. I'm sure she voted for Osama!
I will also vent for just a moment about the reason I am aggravated by this "new era" is evident in the prayer at the ceremony. It ended with some rhyme about...blacks should get it back....browns should stick around....reds should get ahead....and whites need to do what is right" I am sure that would have gone over well had a vanilla minister said that! Also, I'm really proud that during this "economic crisis" that the media is obsessed with why in the world is nobody worried about the millions being spent on the most expensive inauguration ever!!!
Ok I feel better....kinda.


1 comments:
I feel exactly the same way, Amy! I was also very disappointed in how the "Neighborhood Ball" looked like a Hip Hop awards ceremony.
On another note...the story about the lady at Walmart is hilarious!
Post a Comment