Saturday, January 2, 2010

The "Big Fit"

There is one particular time that I remember as Cooper's "big fit" that stands out more than any other fit that he has ever had! We had driven to Memphis to take him to see the Wiggles and he had a major freak show of a fit. Brad & I could not even talk about it for quite some time b/c it was UPME (utterly physically & mentally exhausting) Maybe if I had a blog at the time, I could have vented thru blogging.

Well....now that I have a blog..........I can vent about Brady's "big fit" that happened today.

This morning, Brad told the boys they could go to the store & get a new transformer b/c they had been so good. I offered to take them & pick up about 5 other things we needed. I let the boys even wear their transformer pajamas as a special treat b/c we were going to be so quick. UNTIL....we left the toy aisle & Brady starts screaming, "I want a different transformer". I told him, "No!" He proceeded to scream, flop to the ground, grab the side of the buggy & try to drag it back to the toy aisle. He kept screaming the same thing OVER & OVER & OVER! I basically kept pushing the buggy & was dragging him thru the Heber Walmart while everybody stared at us.

It took me about 45 min to get my other 5 things that I had to get b/c I was dragging the 30 pound screaming child. It was awful. Cooper covered his head with his coat & kept saying, "I'm so sorry Mommy....Wow, you have big muscles to keep pushing the buggy...He is so loud" To make it worse, Brady was wearing his LSU coat over the transformer pajamas (which makes us stand out even more) At least 20 people (including the manager) tried to come & calm him down, but there is no negotiating with that child when he gets mad (which isn't often thank goodness)

Finally, we made it to checkout. Still screaming, still flopping. A mean old lady tried to push her buggy by us to get to the register in front of us. Unless she was deaf & blind, I'm quite sure she knew Brady was in her path; but, she kept pushing her buggy & was practically running over him. I politely said, "could you please go around the other way-he is not budging". She continues to push the buggy & is trapping Brady in between my buggy & hers. I had to raise my voice, "he is a child" She snaps back "and you need to do something with him"! The lady in front is then pulling Brady towards her to save him & the mean lady pushes thru & checks out. Coop has asked me about ten times why that lady was so mean! UPME!

The "big fit" did continue to the parking lot, on the drive home & to the cabin. UPME!

2 comments:

Celeste and Joe said...

haha, I don't mean to laugh because I know my day will come but that has got to be one of the funniest things I've ever read. Thanks for the entertainment but sorry you had to go through that.

Amber said...

I know it is coming, thanks for sharing. At least when it does finally happen I will know I am not alone.