Saturday, July 3, 2010

Green with Envy? Or Tickled Pink?

A few weeks ago, I co-hosted a baby shower for my friend, Brandie at my house. Brad was gracious enough to take the boys to see the new Shrek movie while we had the party. The boys were soooo excited that they wore as many green items as they could find. They had many conflicting shades of green, even down to their shoes, but they were in full Shrek spirit.



Before they left, Cooper was very curious about this "shower" thing. He asked me, "are you going to lock the door?" I was confused, so I asked him to explain. He said, "well, you are having a bunch of girls over, but your going to be taking a shower, so I thought you should lock the door" I couldn't help but laugh & explained the showering with gifts concept.

While they were gone, we had a fully pinked out party. It was alot of fun & most of all, the girls I hosted the party with were completely laid back & no drama. I couldn't get the pictures of us girls to upload, but that is a pic of the cute petit-fors we had for dessert.
We also served a yummy new cocktail called "Tickled Pink". I found the recipe online--mix 1 oz of a pink liqueur called "Rated X" with a glass of champagne. I would say it was pretty (& popular b/c we went thru 4 bottles of champagne)
Keitha had the cutest idea to give pink bottles of nail polish as party favors to our guests & Stacy had them decorated sooo cute. It was a fun night no matter if you were on Team Pink or Team Green.





post signature

0 comments: