Monday, August 23, 2010

Definitely BooHoo








Last Thursday was the infamous "First Day of Kindergarten" for our first born Cooper. He had been happily anticipating it for months. Since he was so confident, I thought I would be the one struggling. I must admit that I used to think it was weird that people got so emotional about kindergarten, but as it got closer and closer I definitely understood. I guess he had sensed my concerns, so one night last month, completely out of the blue, he says, "Mom, don't worry about me going to kindergarten...it's just how the Earth works" Believe it or not, it really comforted me.
So I was calm that morning, but Mr Sentimental starts showing Cooper and Brady pictures of Coop when he was a baby. I mean really...is he trying to sabotage my "no crying" policy!







Cooper got up and was really excited. Brad and I took him to school and took lot of cute pics. We went to Mrs. Morgan's "monsters" room. It was very colorful with pics of cute monsters all over the place.


All other 20 kiddos were building masterpieces of their playdo and he just stared blankly at his cylinder shaped glob of playdo. This is when I knew things were going south. Quick on my feet, I thought that Brad and I could make some happy faces and hearts out of Coop's playdo. A few seconds later, I looked down and he had turned the smiley face in to a frown face. (Is that laying it on thick or what?) At this point, I'm not sad, just nervous. I'm thinking that he is going to melt down and cause a chain reaction for the other happy kids.



We then had to literally peel him off my legs for us to leave. It was torture and he was literally the only kid crying. Really? What did those other parents do---drug their kids??? I just don't get it. But after leaving there, I helped cohost a breakfast for mommas at The Vintage Kitchen. It was alot of fun...more woohoo than boohoo.




We are on day 3 of school now and still having some boohoos. I feel like I'm leaving him at prison, but Cooper says, "I just can't help crying so much, bc I just love you and Daddy so much"

1 comments:

Megan said...

I have no idea how I will react when Q-Tip starts school. I tend to get a little sentimental over most of the milestones she's hit so far...I'm sure that one will be no different. Thankfully, I've got awhile before I have to go down that road.

:-)

Megan

http://reddirtandcrazy.blogspot.com/