Thursday, April 19, 2012

Christmas 2011

After Christmas Eve service at church, we baked cookies. We set those out for Santa with some milk and carrots for the reindeer. Camille kept biting the carrot, chewing it up and spitting it out on the floor!

One excited Christmas monkey!
Wow were these boys excited to see that Santa brought them footballs, light sabers, hot wheels, and the most anticipated of all....new Mario games for their Nintendo DS. It felt truly magical to watch them get sooo excited; that is until they tried to insert the games into the Nintendo device and it wouldn't fit. Oh goodness. sadness. despair. but no crying by the boys (almost crying from momma, but none from the boys). You see, before Santa was sent his list, I had checked with the video game clerk that these new "3D" games could work in the regular "2D" version of Nintendo. The front of the box says "works in 2D and 3D", but I clarified this b/c I thought it strange from a marketing standpoint that it would work in both. So I was sad, but proud of them for handling it so well. They just couldn't believe that Santa could have gotten this wrong.
On Christmas afternoon, we went to Heber and stayed at cabin that night. I happened by Walmart at 5 am to see if they had any Nintendo 3DS gaming systems and was wishing the Target in Conway had a similar sign posted a few weeks back. Anyways, Santa delivered two new 3DS to the cabin and left a note saying they had fallen out of the sleigh! Santa redeemed!!!!

post signature

0 comments: