My parents were coming in town for the boys' bday party & I came up with a brilliant idea the week before! I could fly my Aunt Penny to Arkansas to surprise my mom. It was definitely God's plan b/c I booked the last available ticket on the flight. On the day Penny flew down from Iowa, most flights were cancelled b/c of a winter storm, but she was routed on the one flight connecting in Atlanta. Penny arrived on Thursday & my parents drove up Friday afternoon. When my mom walked inside, I told her that we had just got a "surprise" delivery for her....that Penny had sent her flowers. Mom got a very confused look on her face & when she walked in the kitchen Penny was standing behind a bouquet of tulips.
It was so great to see my momma so happy & I was so excited that we pulled off the surprise (thx dad & brad). It was such a treat b/c Penny had never gotten to meet my kiddos. My mom goes to Iowa every summer, but Penny had not been able to come down here since 8 years ago.


2 comments:
Awww! I love it! I love surprises!
awww,,,that is so sweet. I love surprises, esp ones that involve families!
Post a Comment