Friday, October 9, 2009

The Johnson Infirmary

It has been a even a bit more hectic at our house than we could have even predicted this week. Not only did we have to get a routine for the every 8 hours of IV meds for Coop; along with adjusting to him having the full leg cast; along with me going back to work & call nights.....guess who got the flu?????





**************************


Thank the Lord not Cooper or Brady....just me! I just had lots of fun with my pregnant self being quarantined in my bedroom with the fever/pukes/coughs. I'm just so thankful my mom was still here....Debra called in tamiflu within an hour of my fever....Brad could go to two pharmacies to get the tamiflu for the household....Brandie took over call & checked on me with full mask on (wish I had felt good enough to get a random pic of that)....already had a scheduled "day off" Wednesday....Victoria has been the best help these weeks. I really felt almost normal again within 24 hours (amazing & greatful)










Cooper is really doing great. He has slept thru the majority of his IVs & hasn't messed with his PICC line that much. The importance of a nap has become paramount (he missed it two different days b/c of doctor visit & home health visit & we all paid for the lack of rest in the healing 4 year old) The above picture is of him & Grandma playing with one of the many gifts he has received. Thx so much everybody b/c he needs the mental distractions since he can't go to school right now.


We met with the Infectious Disease Specialist Thursday and overall everything looked great. He felt as if Coop had also been exposed to (but fought off) the flu based on his lowered neutrophil count (part of white blood cells). His next appt is Monday TO GET THE CAST OFF--WOOHOO! As long as the xrays look good, he should just come home wearing a brace that he can do some weight bearing!




The above pic shows Coop & Bradyboo with Victoria. Brady has been soooo hyper with all of the activity around the house. He just says the funniest things & then when we start laughing at him, he asks,"Why you laughing at me?" It just makes us laugh even more.




The above pic demonstrates that Brad is getting worn out. He has basically put his career on hold to get us thru this. Specifically this week, he has only left the house for about 3 hours total (2 of them spent at 2 different Walgreens). He has needed to be here to help lift the Coop-dawg. Brad has been great but I think it is beginning to wear him out.....he made coffee this morning & I was so ready for it b/c I could just hear it brewing while I was laying in Coop's room doing his IV. I turned the corner & just started laughing....he made the coffee but forgot to add the coffee. I am so thankful that I have an involved and competent and loving husband.




post signature

0 comments: