What a crazy week we've had! Cooper is such a tough guy. This picture was at about 2 pm today at the hospital outdoor play area. I actually got him to give a smile since he was in between fevers. When we were tossing pennies into the wishing fountain, I said, "I'm thinking we should wish for you to get all better quickly" He quickly responded, "No, I'm wishing for new racetracks"
He also got a visit from Victoria & Brady this afternoon so that should be helpful to his spirits. Brad is staying tonight & I came home to get some rest.
Cooper is scheduled for PICC line placement at 800 am so we pray that goes smoothly. Brad just called and said he has 102 fever so looks like the earliest to leave will be Saturday (the docs say 24 hours without fever before discharge)
This experience has been so stressful to worry about my Cooper, but he is much stronger than we are. We are also able to keep his illness in perspective as we can hear the medical helicopter landing throughout the day with critically ill children and walking past the oncology unit.
Keep the prayers coming!



1 comments:
Amy, Jill has been keeping me up to date on Cooper. Praying for a very speedy recovering and a fever free 24 hours very soon! And, I think he deserves some "new racetracks" asap! :)
Post a Comment