Brady's hat with his art work & he asked Brad to draw a chocolate chip cookie on it.
I think this was a self-portrait of Cooper
So, these two boys of mine can be exhausting (especially if they haven't been with us all day they need extra attention) One of my latest parental catch phrases has been that Brad & I need to make sure we are "engaged" with the boys in the evenings. It is amazing when u do a quick project with them how they calm down & can just sense that u are fully "engaging" with them. Before I got home tonight, Brad had already done a project with the boys & they (all 3) were very proud of themselves. They colored pictures on foam visors & I must say I was shocked that Cooper actually could draw so well. I can hardly ever get them to do anything but just break crayons so I guess he has been getting those skills at school.
Then we played, took baths, watched one show (Penguins of Madagascar) & then got ready for bedtime. I took a few pics after we finished prayers & reading books. They are about to be in bunk beds in one room so I hope our good little routine we have going doesn't get spoiled.

Coop takes naps at least half of the days & when he does nap it is for 2-3 hours. At night, he always says as we leave the room, "Goodnight, don't let the bedbugs bite, come & check on me" He wakes up 2-3 nights a week consistently (since birth) & tries to convince me to sleep with him "til the sun comes up" When I do give in it is usually b/c he is sick & he is such a good cuddler. He wakes up between 7 & 8 in the morning & immediately wants poptarts. In fact, we made a rule, he must say "Good Morning" before he starts demanding poptarts from his sleepy parents. Now he quickly says, "Good Morning, can I have my poptart now!"
Brady with his blue "my" (that is what he calls his blanket) He naps 2-3 hrs daily & has always been an easy, long sleeper. However, this week he has been waking up at 2am confused as if just had a nightmare. Thankfully, he is easy to soothe & turns on his aquarium music & goes right back to sleep. Then he sleeps in this morning til 930 (wish I could)


1 comments:
i miss them so much :(
they have gotten so big and are so cute!
Post a Comment