Monday, November 16, 2009

UPME

UPME is an acronym used at our house for Utterly Physically Mentally Exhausted. Feel free to use it anytime you want. If Brad or I say "Upme" to one another, then the other knows not even to bother asking any questions b/c you are past the point of exhaustion. That is where we are pretty much but thought I should offer an update.

We saw Infection doctor last Thursday & he said we could try the oral antibiotics 3 times daily for next 6 weeks to complete 3 month regimen....didn't work.....nasty smell & taste even with trying to mask it. There is one other option but it has a higher side effect profile & we really don't want to chance any of those, so for now, our plan is to continue the IV meds for the next six weeks. If the PICC line comes out or shows any signs of infection, then Brad & I may just have to reconsider our options....Upme!


post signature

0 comments: